Welcome to FPU@ODPC (Financial Peace University at Open Door Presbyterian Church). We want to help you on your journey to financial peace.
Whether you are completely new to managing money or you consider yourself a financial expert, there is always something you can learn from others. Dave Ramsey is a talented and engaging speaker and presents his lessons in an entertaining way with interesting and thought-provoking anecdotes and illustrations.
We will be running a 9 week program beginning Monday, January 8, 2018 at 7PM. We will try to meet weekly but may skip over Mondays that are federal holidays. A finalized schedule will be posted here in January.
Each of the sessions is scheduled to run about 90 minutes but may run about 2 hours depending on the amount of discussion. Each session begins with a 30-60 minute video of the lesson, followed by discussion. This will be a great opportunity to get to know others in our church and the local community as well.
1. CHILDCARE – Many of you expressed interest in the class but were concerned about childcare. My wife, Jenny, will be providing childcare, but I think she will be greatly outnumbered. I will be looking for additional volunteers to help her out. Zack’s wife, Natalie, may be able to help out too.
2. LOCATION – We will be meeting in the overflow section upstairs at 2999 Centreville Rd. building (ODPC EC Building) and getting the bigger FVM room (Room 138) downstairs for childcare.
3. REGISTRATION – The cost of registration will be $55 for ODPC members and attendees and $109 for anyone else. For those in financial need, we may be able to provide scholarships (contact me directly). Please bring a check made payable to ODPC (with “FINANCE TEAM” in the memo) to the first class. If you aren’t sure whether you want to take the class, you can come check out a session for free. The fee is just for the materials. If you’re a maybe or are no longer interested in the class, please let me know as soon as possible as we are pre-ordering and prepaying for the membership kits. Families may share a kit.
4. FIRST CLASS – We are planning to start on Monday, January 8th and meet Mondays at 7PM. Sessions are supposed to be about 1.5 hours, but I think it will usually go to about 2 hours, depending on the amount of discussion. Feel free to leave whenever you need to.
5. MATERIALS – In addition to the FPU kit, I was able to get the Legacy Journey Home Study Kit for free during a December promotion for group orders. We won’t be going over this during FPU, but everybody will get one of these with their FPU registration.